help

swim diapers?

rated by 0 users
This post has 5 Replies | 0 Followers

Page 1 of 1 (6 items)
Not Ranked
Posts 510
dbprof Posted: 06-23-2011 8:17 PM

So what do you do for swim diapers?  Are there special cloth diapers to use for swimming or do you just give in and use disposables?  If there are cloth ones that are better as swim diapers, which do you use?

TIA!

Me- 33
DH- 36
Angel August 2009

Baby Girl Olivia Kathryn born on 11/26/10

Top 500 Contributor
Posts 973
eabaldwin replied on 06-24-2011 12:35 PM

Definitely reusable swim diapers!  Most public pools around here where I live only allow reusable swim diapers (ie if your child has a disposable swim diaper on, they are not allowed in the pool!).

I found one a Babies R Us, actually.  It is a SwimWays brand and it works fine for us.  Last year, I found one at Target, but they didn't have any (at least at our Target) this year.  I found a few other sites that have some good ones too.

http://www.jilliansdrawers.com/products/clothdiapers/swimdiapers/swimclothdiapersbyimsevimse

http://www.swimoutlet.com/Kids_Swim_Diapers_s/354.htm

The second site actually has lots of different choices.

One thing to keep in mind with the reusable swim diapers is that they only hold in the poop.  Just so that you are prepared for the walk to the pool from the changing room.  You might get wet!  Wink

HTH!

Me-29 (+6Wink)
DH-35
Katherine Ann Baby Girl born Feb. 20, 2010
Angel  Feb 2009
#2 Due January 30, 2012[View:http://www.tcoyf.com/themes/tcoyf/utility/Lilypie Maternity tickers

Chart

DDog "Gerry" 11 yo Cocker Spaniel living with hypothyroidism & epilepsy
DDog "Mission" *Forever in our hearts* 1999-2011

Top 500 Contributor
Posts 579
deblynn replied on 06-25-2011 5:37 PM

I have a reusable swim diaper that we use, but I can't remember the brand.  It's a little big for DD still (used it with DD1) so I will also just take DD's pocket diapers and use them without a liner.  Works just the same and no extra cost. 

Debbie (30)

DH (27)

DD (4)

Not Ranked
Posts 510
dbprof replied on 06-29-2011 3:50 PM

Thanks for the info- I didn't realize that the swim diapers aren't designed to catch pee...So that is why pools have to be SOOOO chlorinated!  Laugh   I also didn't realize that some places have certain stipulations for what they will and won't allow in the pool.  I called the place where we are going on vacation to check- good thing because they want both a sposie with a resuable swim diaper over top...talk about overkill, but I'm glad that I know that policy NOW, before we go!

Thanks again!

Me- 33
DH- 36
Angel August 2009

Baby Girl Olivia Kathryn born on 11/26/10

Not Ranked
Posts 1,331
want1more replied on 07-04-2011 12:10 AM

dbprof:

Thanks for the info- I didn't realize that the swim diapers aren't designed to catch pee...So that is why pools have to be SOOOO chlorinated!  Laugh 

Actually, urine is sterile.  It's the poo you've got to worry about :)

Amy 37, DP 45

Pregnant Baby after three recent chemical Angel Angel Angel !  

Next u/s July 7th, @ 12w1d

My Chart

Top 200 Contributor
Posts 1,407
mstrinity replied on 07-05-2011 12:29 PM

Call me crazy but we just use a regular cloth diaper. It holds it all in, though I'm sure plenty of urine gets out - no biggy. Compared to my friends that use disposables we have had so much better protection with our cloth for "poopsplosion" so I am confident with this choice. If we're jumping into the "splash pad" at the zoo I just let her run around in her regular cloth diaper (she wears fuzzibunz, its a cover with an insert) . . .  but if we're gonna be in the pool I just take the insert out and use only the cover, which has a fleece liner on the part that touches her. Some people warned me that the chlorine can affect the diaper in terms of elastic and such, but we haven't noticed any issues. Surely you have to comply with "the rules" but if there is nothing specific posted, my motto is - Keep it simple!

~ T

DD born 9/09/09, baby #2 due September 2011

I paper-chart, but I loaded a couple of my interesting charts to share:

my charts (triphasic pregnancy and post-partum)

Page 1 of 1 (6 items) | RSS