help

11 month old's nose has not stopped running for months. literally

rated by 0 users
This post has 1 Reply | 0 Followers

Page 1 of 1 (2 items)
Not Ranked
Posts 270
funnygirl Posted: 06-30-2011 10:15 AM

I need help.  have dr. appointment already to make sure that she has clear ears, etc.

our DD is almost one.  her nose runs all day (clear).  all day every day not just a little, streams down her face.  the more liquids we give her the more it runs.  the only time it does not run is when she falls asleep, it seems to dry up a bit.  this has been going on for 3 months.  i felt that once it cleared up for maybe 2 days, but that was one time.  i have 2 other kids and this did not happen with them.  i don't think its normal, but i don't know what it is.  allergies?  are there allergy medicines you can give an infant if its something like pollen or ragweed?  i don't know anyone this has happened to before, so not sure what it is?  i know everyone says teething, but this is quite excessive and has gone on for months and she only has 2 teeth.

Me 34 Dh 32

My first girl, born May 05

My favorite boy, born Dec 06

chemical pg July 09 4 wks 3 days

miscarriage  Oct 09 6 wks 3 days

My littlest girl, born July 2010

my charts: http://tcoyf.com/members/funnygirl/pccharts/44.aspx

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 5,790
jbizzy replied on 07-02-2011 3:08 AM

Definately check with your pede about allergies.  I think most testing doesn't start until they are a little older but they might want to try something like zyrtec just to see if helps.

Meanwhile, I would use a saline mist twice a day, and something like Aquafor around the nostrils to help block out allergens.  If they are not the problem, it won't be harmful in any way.  Will keep her nose from getting sore too from the constand drip.

Good luck, keep us posted!

Me 36, borderline low progesterone, light endo & fibroids removed 10/6/09.... Dh 37, borderline low morphology 

TTC#1 March 2006

First BFP 1/09/2010 wild yam root 500 mg cd 1-9, maca root 900 mg until 11 dpo, clomid 50 mg cd 5-9, NPC from 3 dpo, procheive suppositories 1st trimester

TTC Charts    TTA Charts

16 dpo beta 397, 18 dpo beta 863 Yes

Baby Girl born @ 41 weeks:  7 lbs 13 oz's, 20 inches long and healthy Heart

LOTS TO LOSE - weight loss buddy group (click on it for link)

Page 1 of 1 (2 items) | RSS