Archive Site

Search

help

Energy Drinks and BBT *Update* What do you think of my chart as it is now?

rated by 0 users
This post has 6 Replies | 0 Followers

Page 1 of 1 (7 items)
Not Ranked
Posts 38
Lorettia Posted: 07-01-2011 12:26 PM

Hello! So I woke up this morning and was shocked when my DH told me what my temp was. My temp was 36.8C, which is a jump of more than 1.2, as yesterdays temp was 35.5C. Now I'm wondering, did my body just finally wake up and decide to O like extremely? or would having had an energy drink (a can of NOS) the night before have caused my temp to jump? My room was about the same temp, and same everything else that I can think of as normal. This is also my first cycle using OPK's, and yesterday was the darkest line I've ever gotten, but it still wasn't dark enough to count as positive, but todays line was lighter again (almost non-existant). Any input would be greatly welcomed! Thanks! (my chart is in my sig)

*Update at the bottom*

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

BCP 8 years

Off BCP since Jan. 2011

TTC #1 since then Smile

My charts

Lilypie Trying to Conceive Event tickers

Top 500 Contributor
Posts 601
aprilFool1208 replied on 07-01-2011 1:48 PM

I drink an energy drink every morning, but never before bed.  I'm not aware of caffeine or any of the vitamins in the drinks to directly affect BBT; however, if the energy drink kept you from getting a restful sleep, that may have caused your temp to spike.  Is your temp typically pretty sensitive?  My temp isn't too sensitive, but if my toddler wakes me up close to when I normally temp (within an hour or so) then my temp is higher.  All you can really do is wait a couple more days and see what your temp/CM does.  But I don't think the actual ingredients in the drink affect your BBT (but they can affect your sleep).

Not Ranked
Posts 38
Lorettia replied on 07-01-2011 6:33 PM

Thanks for your input! I had a really good sleep, went to bed about an hour later then normal, but other then that I slept well. My temp is kind of sensitive, but more so to changes in the time that I take it, as long as I take it at 7am each day it's fairly normal. I know I have to wait to really know, but still was just wondering if there was something I didn't know.

BCP 8 years

Off BCP since Jan. 2011

TTC #1 since then Smile

My charts

Not Ranked
Posts 88
NMori replied on 07-02-2011 6:13 PM

Well, Vitamin B (which is present in large quantities in all the energy drinks I've seen) is supposed to mess with your cycle, but I don't recall it bringing on ovulation; I think it's more of an LP-corrective. I've had one cycle that got very messed up for a lot of reasons, one of which could have been the megadose of B-vitamins I got from an energy drink, but I haven't exactly tested that theory. And I'm super-sensitive to caffeine because I don't usually drink it, but when I do, I get hot and flushed, so maybe there's some longer-term effect of that nature too?

Short version: maybe. See what your temp is tomorrow.

My (out of date; currently charting with Excel) charts: http://www.tcoyf.com/members/NMori/charts/default.aspx 

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 8,555
dj rayne replied on 07-03-2011 7:41 AM

B vits, B6 in particular will lower estrogen levels. If you are not having problems with estrogen dominance or high estrogen then B6 can cause delays in ovulation, anovulatory cycles and a host of of problems if you are getting too much. If you do have issues with estrogen then lowering your level can have a positive effect on your cycle and you would see an indirect (but positive) effect on the LP. Improving follicular function often improves progesterone levels. Overall decreasing of estrogen also allows your body to respond better to the progesterone it does produce.

Not Ranked
Posts 175
Jetgirl replied on 07-05-2011 12:35 PM

Thank you for that info, dj rayne!  I had never heard that before.

How much B6 would you take if you wanted to control estrogen dominance?

Not Ranked
Posts 38
Lorettia replied on 07-05-2011 3:53 PM

Thanks everybody for your input, that's helpful to know :). I was wondering now if anyone would be able to tell me what you think of my chart right now? Do you think that I O'd or is something still just weird? Thanks for any insight... Oh, and my OPK's have been getting progressively lighter the last few days, they were darkest CD 15 and 16.

BCP 8 years

Off BCP since Jan. 2011

TTC #1 since then Smile

My charts

Page 1 of 1 (7 items) | RSS