Archive Site

Search

help

Warning to TTC Newbies - Blue Dye Tests are Heartbreakers!

rated by 0 users
This post has 2 Replies | 0 Followers

Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
Not Ranked
Posts 103
kellyrn9956 Posted: 07-04-2011 9:00 PM

I wanted to post this on here b/c I've been seeing quite a few "Is it +!!!!" questions re: blue dye tests on the boards lately. As a veteran infertile (Indifferent), I would just like to let everyone know....blue dye tests are the Devil!!!!!!

It's so tempting, b/c most of the generic and cheaper brands have blue dye. The problem is that evap lines on blue dye tests look just like faint positives - the line is blue. If you get an evap on a pink dye test, it iwll most likely look grayish, not pink. I got a blue dye false + once and it was heartbreaking!!!!

Although FRER tests are mega-expensive, sometimes it's worth the $$$ for the peace of mind...oh - and stick with the older "5 days earlier" FRER...the new "6 days earlier" tests also have evaps and false + reports.

If you have any questions, or want to see reports on sensitivity of tests and false + reports, check out www.peeonastick.com. I love that site!

It breaks my heart to see ladies soooo excited, only to be bummed out. Trust me - I felt it when it happened to me, and I don't EVER want it to happen to me again - or to anyone else who desperately wants to be pregnant.

Much love.

Kelly - 29, Kevin - 32-TTC since 2/2009  

December, 2010 - IUI #1 with Clomid/Ovidrel/Prometrium - BFN

January, 2011 -  IUI #2 with Clomid/Ovidrel/POrometrium - BFN

January-May, 2011 - Break from treatment

Mother's Day, 2011 - Natural BFP!

June, 2011 - Missed miscarriage at 8 weeks due to triploidy. D&C on June 6th.

July, 2011 - AF returns after D&C. Cleared to try again. Awaiting IUI in September. Trying on our own til then. In the meantime, scrimping and saving $$$ for IVF!!!!

Top 500 Contributor
Posts 1,935
alc1113 replied on 07-05-2011 7:08 AM

definitely agree...just wanted to add you can get Answer Early at Walmart for around $8(2 tests in package) and they are reliable!!  the only blue dye I have ever found reliable was CBE, again they are a brand name...the store brand blue dyes are very bad for evaps, I had one on a CVS test before, very frustrating!  Baby DustLuck

Amy- 34 DH- 36 Mom to 4 furbabies & 3(2 furry, 1 not) who went over the rainbow bridge

Angel 1/09-blighted ovum after trying for 1 year Broken Heart

Angel 4/09- chemical

Angel 5/09- chemical

Cycle 4- TTA just for a couple months but had an "ooops" CD 12...BFP 9DPO on an CBE and 10DPO on an AE.....STICK!!!! Pray started progesterone 6/23 appt 9/3 heard HB! nuchal scan 8/24 follow up bw 9/18 negative Yes 15 DPO- 199 23 DPO- 7883 Fingers Crossed u/s 6w4d- HB 130, measuring 6w4d Yes[/size] 20w u/s 10/12... 22w follow up u/s.... 

Baby GirlCharlotte Elizabeth- born March 6, 2010 at 7:11pm, 8lbs, 15 ozs and 22 inches long. She is perfect!!!!!

Currently TTA, waiting till next year to decide if we will have another

For Mother with Child O almighty and Everlasting God Who through the operation of the Holy Christ, didst prepare the body and soul of the glorious Virgin Mary to be a worthy dwelling place of Thy divine Son; and, through the operation of the same Holy Ghost, didst sanctify Saint John the Baptist, while still in his mother’s womb; hearken to the prayers of Thy humble servant who implore thee, through the intercession of Saint Gerard, to protect her (me); that it may be cleansed by the saving water of baptism and, after a Christian life on earth, it may with its mother, attain everlasting bliss in Heaven. Amen.

Prayer To Avoid a Miscarriage Humble Virgin and Doctor of the Church, in thirty-three years thou didst achieve great perfection and became the counselor of Popes. Thou knowest the temptations of mothers today as well as the dangers that await unborn infants. Intercede for me that I may avoid miscarriage and bring forth a healthy baby who will become a true child of God. Amen.

Top 75 Contributor
Posts 3,124
lbm436 replied on 07-05-2011 6:49 PM

Absolutely!Yes

Also, you can get 50 Wondfo cheapies (pink dye) on Amazon for less than $10!

Page 1 of 1 (3 items) | RSS