New to TCOYF - 4 DPO after not ovulating for two months

rated by 0 users
This post has 3 Replies | 1 Follower

Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
Not Ranked
Posts 2
DBenda Posted: 07-04-2011 10:46 PM

Hello,

My name is Danielle and I'm 34 yrs old.  The Mr and I have been TTC (first child) for 10 months now.  I didn't ovulate in May or June but thankfully I seem to be back on track this month (I'm currently 4 dpo).  We've been to the Dr and she thinks that my problem -- prolonged spotting and short or missed periods -- may be hormonal.  I was given a requisition to have tests done two months ago (on the 3rd and 21st day of my period).  I'm hoping that AF shows up this month so I can finally get the tests done.  We just want to figure out what is going on, and what our next steps are.

Note: I was on birth control for many years.  I stopped taking it last August.   

10 months doesn't seem like a long time, but certainly feels like an eternity -- I'm sure you all understand.  I've stopped talking to family and friends -- for now -- as I feel it would be better (for me) to go through this journey with other women TTC. 

I had a very vivid dream last night that I was told I was pregnant.  I woke up smiling and feeling content.

The first two months of TTC made me crazy, especially the TWW.  I mean seriously crazy.  Obsessing over every little thing.  Anyone else experience that?  I feel more chilled out these days, that's for sure. 

One thing I know is that our little kiddo is worth the wait!

I wish you all the best of luck!

Danielle

daniellebenda.com

Not Ranked
Posts 32
aglaser replied on 07-05-2011 10:59 AM

Dear Danielle,

Welcome and good luck! Once you've figured out what is going on there are all kinds of drug therapies that can help adjust your various hormone levels. You might also try acupuncture and some herbal therapies (macca, chaste tree, etc.), which are supposed to help your body regulate hormone levels.

I also find it's easier not to talk to too many family members about this (although talking to them about my other hopes, dreams, successes and failures is comforting).

Best of luck, and I hope you quickly get your bfp and are able to relax in the mean time.

Amy

Top 75 Contributor
Posts 3,124
lbm436 replied on 07-05-2011 6:55 PM

Welcome!Flowers

I agree with PP, I try not to talk to too many people in real life, they just don't quite get it like women who are going through the same thing. So I prefer to share my life with everyone here.Smile

Hope your journey is short-lived from here on out!

me: 29  him: 29Kiss and the 3 furry ones
11 years on BCP. Stopped in March 2010 and started TTC with FAM. I've since struggled with late Nest and low progesterone
Angel 9/2/2010 5w5d Sad (Cycle #3)
Angel 12/22/2010 6w Broken Heart P4 at 13dpo was 7.02 (Cycle #5)

Cycle #8-10 - Clomid 50mg
Cycle #11 - Taking a break from the ClomidCool

My Online Charts               My Uploaded Charts

Not Ranked
Posts 2
DBenda replied on 07-05-2011 7:07 PM

Thanks Amy!  Yes, I love acupuncture and other holistic therapies.  I haven't tried macca or chaste tree, I will look into those, thank you for the recommendations!

D x

Page 1 of 1 (4 items) | RSS